Is your Income Tax refund processed but not yet credited?
This might happen when your primary bank account is not pre-validated. To pre-validate your bank account, you must also ensure that your primary bank account is linked with you PAN.
Why and how to pre-validate your account?
On March 1st, 2019, the Income Tax Department announced that it will only issue refunds to pre-validated bank accounts.
Here are the steps to pre-validate your bank account
- Visit the Income Tax E-Filing portal
- Navigate to ‘pre-validate bank account’
- Pre-validate after entering the required details and click submit
Request to Refund Reissue
Once your bank account is pre-validated, you have to submit a refund reissue request to receive your refund.
Follow the steps below to receive your refund:
- Login to your E-Filing Portal
- Go to ‘My Account and select ‘Service Request’
- In ‘Request Type’, select a New Request and the request category as ‘Refund Reissue’
- Once you submit, you will be shown all Pre-validated Bank Accounts
- From the list, select your bank account
- On continuing, you will have to verify all your details, i.e., Bank Account Number, IFSC, Bank Name, Account Type.
- Once you click ‘OK’, a pop-up for e-verification will be displayed.
- On completion of e-verification, you will be able to submit your request.
Tracking ITR Refund:
Once you resubmit your refund reissue request, you will be able to track it on Quicko’s Website. All you need to do is enter a few details to track your refund.
- Enter your PAN details
- Enter the Assessment Year for your refund and track your ITR
So, next time you see your refund is not credited, you must check for the pre-validation.
Got a question? Shoot’em on TaxQ&A and we promise to answer them all in the simplest way!