As Maroon 5 famously said, “Just wait, can we work this out?“. The new Income Tax portal is also asking us to wait a little as all good things take time.
The new portal, www. incometax.gov.in has sparked a lot of interest and enthusiasm with its promise of a seamless user experience. However, the team is still working to make all the features of the new IT Portal fully functional.
Nirmala Sitharaman, the Finance Minister took to Twitter to share her thoughts regarding the new IT portal. She has also encouraged Infosys and Nandan Nilekani, the forces behind the new IT Portal to prioritise user experience when it comes to the new portal.
Infosys assured that they will do their best to live up to the expectations of the users.
Meanwhile, a lot of people resorted to Twitter to express their opinions, excitement and concerns regarding the new portal. This led to quite a Twitter storm.⚔️
The @IncomeTaxIndia came through by launching the portal by 7th June 💯— Quicko (@HowToQuicko) June 8, 2021
But, let’s accept that things take time to be perfect!💫
Awaiting for the portal to work so we can finally check out the amazing new features 😍#NewPortal #incometaxportal #IncomeTaxReturn https://t.co/RDEZ7njJA4
What is Working on the new IT Portal?
Though most of the new features of the new IT portal, www.incometax.gov.in are being worked on, there are a couple of things that the user can try out.
- Logging in 💻: The users can login to their profile on www.incometax.gov.in using various secure login options like Aadhaar, PAN and others
- Access their profile and update details: Users can update their profile with their income details. This can include details regarding their salary, business income and others. This information will, later on, be used to prefill their ITRs on the new portal.
- Download Prefilled JSON: Taxpayers can download prefilled JSON of their ITR form which is a required document for your Income Tax return filing from this AY onwards. However, as of now the prefilled JSON only includes the basic information like Name, PAN, Address, Bank Account details etc. Post 30th June 2021, once the TDS and SFT returns are filed, prefilled JSONs are expected to have Salary, Capital Gain details & much more.
When will e-filing start on the new IT portal for FY 2020-21 (AY 2021-22)?🤔
There’s no doubt that the new IT portal has created a lot of buzz. But the main question, which seems to be the show stopper is, “When will e-filing start on the new portal?” Well, let’s go ahead and answer this million-dollar question.
- E-filing of ITR: You might have got all your forms ready to start filing your returns on the new portal.🧾 However, on behalf of the new portal we would like to say “Tu thodi derr aur thair jaa.” The e-filing of ITR for FY 2020-21 (AY 2021-22) is expected to start in the latter part of June or 1st week of July 2021.
- Utilities: ITR Utility Software by the IT department performs the calculation once you input your income and deduction details. The utility for ITR 3 is yet to be released. However, the offline version of the utility for ITR 1, ITR 2 and ITR 4 is out.
- Payment Getaways: Don’t get ready with your UPI pins already since the feature of multiple payment getaways like UPI, NEFT/RTGS and others for paying Income Tax will be available after 18th June 2021.
Meanwhile, this is what Twitter had to say 😆
New IT Portal is thronging with glitch. Unable to login whole day. pic.twitter.com/BmmcWbNUZN— CA Minhaj Khan (@minhaj12341) June 8, 2021
New IT portal seems slow— CA Harshil sheth (@CA_HarshilSHETH) June 7, 2021
why I have feeling of July-2017 in June-2021?
Earlier , IT portal was most smooth , always steady & stable, no lags , Never hangs down and one of best user friendly one
I hope that these qualities will be retained
Today is 3rd day and if anyone is happy with this new portal ❓❓— Revolutionary Raja (@abhishekrajaram) June 9, 2021
Old Income Tax Portal was almost fine…yes it had problems but nothing was like the new portal pic.twitter.com/w75KPozDxg
Hey, @IncomeTaxIndia, looks like Taxpayers are missing the old portal! 🤔
— Quicko (@HowToQuicko) June 10, 2021
Well, what can we say? Twitter never fails to amaze us. However, all perfect things were imperfect at one point in time. So just sit back and relax and let the new IT portal roll. 😎